Announcing the tiny tales soft launch!
[as we say in the business, the soft launch is the launch before the launch, intended to get real-life feedback]
As many of you know, I have formed a business on the side called tiny tales. The product was created out of necessity when Trey was born. I couldn't find a baby book that I liked - have you seen some of the ones out there? Yuck! Plus, I knew even if I had one I wouldn't be consistent in updating it. So I designed and printed a notepad to write down his every move. I keep it on the kitchen counter and when Trey does something noteworthy (which seems like every day), I write it down, tear the paper off the pad, and stick it in a shoe box. Then I started to wonder if this would be a product that other moms would be interested in. I started asking around to see what other moms did. Many either a) said "we should put that in the baby book," but never did, b) wrote notes in the tiny spaces in a wall calendar, or c) wrote notes on scratch paper, napkins, or anything they could find. It seems to me that a cute notepad and box would appeal to moms. Especially moms with more than 1 child because we all know the 2nd baby's baby book trails off right after coming home from the hospital. Thus, tiny tales was born!
The product has come a long way from the notepads design on my home computer and the shoebox. The website is still home designed, as I want to see if the idea takes off before investing in the website. But it is definitely up and running at www.tiny-tales.com.
Please please please let your friends and family know about my little ol' company. It is a great gift for a baby shower - I promise she won't receive one from anyone else. My dream one day is to run tiny tales full time from home, and be there to make cookies when Trey gets home from school. (so what if I only know how to make 1 kind of cookie - they are damn good!)
The most important outcome of the soft launch (besides orders) is FEEDBACK! Please comment on the website, product design, idea, etc. Anything! I'd love to hear it.