So I haven’t blogged about this because I didn’t want to jinx it, but it has been a few weeks so I think I can safely say Trey has given up the binkie. He was soooo attached to it, and I have watched enough SuperNanny episodes that I thought it would be a major deal, but it was such a non-event it almost makes me sad. One day Joe called me from work and asked me if I realized that there hadn’t been a binkie in the crib for 2 nights and Trey hadn’t asked for it. I hadn’t realized it, and it just never came up. If Trey found one around the house, Joe would tell him to throw it in the trash, and Trey WOULD! No wining, no crying, no discussion. Coming from someone who had a binkie until I was 9 (honest – ask my parents), I thought Trey was going to take after me. Joe on the other hand was ready to get rid of the thing the day we came home from the hospital. This is just another sign that my baby is growing up, and I wish I could slow it down.