July 23, 2008

Jonah's 2 week checkup

I took Jonah for his 2 week checkup today. I'm technically not supposed to drive until tomorrow, but shhh... I did it anyway. Grampy is in town, so I let him and Joe and Trey spend some quality time together shopping at Sam's.

Jonah weighs 7 lbs 6 oz. The doc is very impressed with his weight gain. They look for the baby to be back to birth weight by 2 weeks, and Jonah is past that by 12 oz! He is still relatively small though on the weight scale in the 20th percentile. He has grown a 1/2 inch, which puts him in the 50% percentile for length. And he has a small head like his brother, coming in at the 10th percentile. His cord stump fell off yesterday and looks healthy, and his "boy part" is healing well from the snip snip surgery.