January 23, 2014

Trey's birthday

I can't remember much of what I received for birthdays growing up, but I have tons of memories of the trips I took with Mom, Dad, or Mimi & Da.  I want to make sure Trey has those memories too, so for his birthday I got the idea to give him a choice - birthday party & lots of presents, or just a couple presents and a trip to NYC.  I really wasn't sure what he would choose, but I was so touched when he chose the trip.  What a good boy!!

We're going in May - just the 2 of us.  We are staying at a Marriott in between Times Square and Central Park (thanks Dad!!).  We have tickets to 2 plays - Matilda (Trey LOVES the movie) and Lion King (thanks Mom!!).  And otherwise we'll do the touristy things and play in the park.  

He brings it up often so I can tell he is excited.  Today at school he made a journal for the trip!