February 3, 2014

A new plan for baths

Eli has never been a fan of baths.  I've tried to bathe him in the sink, in the spa tub that Jonah LOVED, and in the big bath by propping him against my legs.  On a good day he tolerates it until I get him out, then he starts crying.  Then I had an epiphany!  I remember how much fun Trey and Jonah used to have in the bath before they moved to showers, so maybe Eli just needed some entertainment.  I put him in the bath with Jonah in his bumbo (which I'm sure there is a warning against).  He actually smiles and laughs now!  And it's good for Jonah to play "helpful older brother" and have a way to help with Eli.  I probably lay on the praise a little thick, but usually he's so in Eli's face that we ask him to move away, so I want to make sure he has something to be proud of when it comes to helping with Eli.