Our last day in NYC. :(
This morning we woke up around 7:30 and packed our suitcase. We had
our last breakfast at the hotel then went in search of a post office
to mail the postcards we'd been carrying around since Thursday. So
much for having the postcards beat us home!
We walked up to the American Museum of Natural History to be there
when it opened. Trey showed once again he's just not a museum
kid...even with a place as cool as the AMNH! We sped through it. The
IMAX movie about was very cool though and we both deemed it one of
the hilights of the trip.
After the museum we caught a taxi back to the hotel. Believe it or
not it was our first and only taxi! Everywhere else we walked, and if
it was more than 1.5 miles we took the subway. We got to the hotel,
grabbed our suitcase, and were on our way to the airport. We got
there very early so we chilled in the United Club - I had a few
passes. Trey was very impressed by the bathrooms!
It was the perfect amount of time for NYC. I think we are both ready
to come home. I give Trey a B+ for the trip. He's an excellent
traveler - ALWAYS in a good mood and full of energy....just sometimes
too much. I noticed even after a full morning he tended to get wired
and feisty in the early afternoon just as I was hitting a wall, and
that's the only time I got really annoyed at him, hence the B+. But
overall he does really well traveling, even on limited sleep.
It was interested how little we spent on food this trip. We had
breakfast at the hotel (included in our hotel), we split a sandwich or
something small for lunch, and dinner was a salad and sandwich or cold
pasta salad from a market. We had a total of 1 sit down meal in NYC
and that was before Matilda. We only ate when we got hungry (some
days it was 3 or 4pm after our big breakfast) and grabbed whatever was
convenient. Admittedly we did have quite a few sweets!
We're already thinking of where to go on his 9 year old trip!