June 10, 2014

Eli's 1st camping trip

Last weekend we went to Mt. Princeton campground with our friends the Ludovics and some of their friends.  The kids all did great!

The first night Eli and I tried to sleep on one of the slide out beds at the end of the popup.  I had my pregnancy body pillow on one side of him and I was on the other.  He went to sleep ok, but woke up a few times crying.  I think he didn't know where he was, because he would pop his head up all of the sudden, look around, and start crying.  So Joe and I switched beds so that Eli and I were on the one in the middle of the popup.  That was better because it has 3 hard sides, so I was able to stack up some pillows and hold him for a while.  Eventually I was able to lay him down and he was quiet the rest of the night.  On the 2nd night we slept in that same bed and he didn't move all night.

The thing we aren't quiet used to yet is how quickly and silently he moves!  He took a header off the side bed on Joe's watch, and fell halfway out of the camper on my watch.  Luckily he was fine both times, and we learned our lesson that we have to watch him like a hawk.

Everyone was filthy but we all had a good time!