October 6, 2014

New discovery

I've been wanting to check out Aurora Reservoir for a while now. I can see it on my way to work. It is the site of my infamous bike crash when I was competing in my one and only triathlon (from which I still have no feeling in my right hip). I haven't been back and that was 5 years ago.

It was a beautiful weekend and the kids and I were looking for something to do since Joe was sealing the driveway, so we went to check it out. What a cool place, and so close to home! Beach, playground, snack bar, crystal clear water (Aurora's drinking water supply), boat rentals in the summer, 5k trail and 8 mile trail around the reservoir.

The boys all loved it! It was completely deserted even though it was a beautiful few days. I can see us coming all the time to bike, swim in the summer, and play in the sand.