April 8, 2015

Welcome to my new home office!

Working from home has become tough because of Eli.  He can hear me in the office and wants to come in.  I have tried to work from Trey's bedroom downstairs, but then Joe can't take Eli down there to play.  I love not having to drive an hour into work each way on the days I work from home, but it's making it tough for Joe.

I've thought about building out an office over the garage, or building a new garage/office structure which could also hold the camper, but both are pricey!

Then I had an epiphany!  I can convert the small shed to a home office.  Apparently backyard shed offices are a "thing" these days....very popular on the west coast.  I'm excited to get it set up and start working out there.  Of course I need to get power run out there, put in some baseboard heat, get the phone line/DSL extended out there, pick out carpet tiles, lamps....lots to do!