March 17, 2009

25 Random Things

This is from my facebook profile.  In case you haven't experienced it, FB has the equivalent of chain letters and "25 Random things about me" is one of them.  Enjoy!  {hopefully I can get Joe to do this too}

1. I once witnessed an armed robbery. Guns and everything.

2. I hold the 3 meter springboard diving record at Bucknell U. I wasn't that good...it was one of those fluke meets where everything went my way.

3. I once quit my job and followed phish on tour. I gave away many of my show tickets - I preferred to hang out in the Westie with Quinn and read a book. I could hear the music from the car, and after a day of drinking it was the perfect evening.

4. Seeing or even thinking about worms or slugs makes me physically nauseous.

5. I have no interest in learning how to cook and I'm sure I wouldn't be good at it if I tried. If it can't be made in the microwave, I really have no business attempting the recipe.

6. At the gym or in the car when I am listening to music, I daydream about killing the song in karaoke. The crowd loves it. I am a star. A karaoke star.

7. I did the whole "backpack through Europe" thing and loved it. I still think about the missing roll of film taken at the Pink Palace in Greece. I wonder what is on that missing roll? Probably best that it was lost somewhere in France.

8. I had a rollover car wreck my junior year in college. For years afterward I couldn't drive in the rain. To this day I can still remember the feeling of losing control and rolling down the embankment. Not something I ever want to repeat.

9. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering.

10. I don't have a sense of smell. It is called anosmia.

11. I have never given up on a Britney comeback.

12. I love parades, especially marching bands. I would stand out in the cold, freezing rain to watch a parade. Oh wait...I've done that.

13. I once broke my foot just walking on a flat sidewalk.

14. I have been skydiving twice and indoor skydiving once.

15. I've lived in 12 houses, not including dorms/houses in college.

16. I find it hard to come up with 25 random things.

17. I'm on my 3rd job in almost 11 years.

18. When I was little I won a roller skating limbo contest. I think I was just the shortest contestant.

19. I have an older sister and younger brother. Whoot Whoot Mari and Clint!

20. My mom and dad are on facebook.

21. I have pledged not to buy new clothes for 2009.

22. I will never give up my subscription to US Weekly.  {this was written 2 months ago, and in the spirit of cutting back and simplicity, I did, in fact, decide to give up my subscription.}

23. I have 2 sons.

24. I don't like fancy desserts. Nothing is better than 3 day old, starting to get crunchy, grocery store cake icing.

25. I love to travel.