March 3, 2009

Resolutions check-in

Another month, another resolutions and more resolutions check-in!

  1. Increase the amount of money put into savings month over month. We did amazingly well in Feb! We practiced our rule of absolutely no discretionary purchases until the end of the month. This meant I was digging out past Clinique bonuses when my favorite eyeshadow ran out and Joe had to wait for the banjo strap he wanted. I never want to give up going somewhere or doing an activity, so we still used money for plane tickets and for places to go with the kids (like Trey's favorite place Little Monkey Bizness).
  2. No new clothes for 2008. Still good. This is so easy I feel like I am cheating. I am excluding socks and undies in this category.
  3. Eat more simply, which means no fried food. Still good. Unless you count the frozen french fries and corn dog that I cooked at home once. They might have been fried at some point, but not recently and not by me. So I don't count them.
  4. Give up papertowels and paper napkins and move to cloth. We are down to our last roll. I found some nice cloth napkins I had forgotten about.
  5. Have a garage sale. Starting to gather stuff.
  6. Use reusable bags. So-so on this one. I rarely go into stores, so when I do I seem to forget to take a bag.
I'd love to hear your resolutions and how you are doing on them. Leave a comment on this post.