October 15, 2007

confession

I have a confession to make…  Trey has been waking up very early the last few weeks (like 6am).  Even though I get up at 5:30, I still don’t have time to get ready by the time Trey gets up at 6, and if I don’t give him something to do he follows me around from room to room whining (his new favorite activity).  So I have been letting him watch TV in the morning.  We made it to almost 2 years of no TV (except the weekend we watched about 6 hours of Sesame Street b/c I was so sick and Joe was out of town).  He only watches about 15 minutes at a time.  Thanks to the wonders of OnDemand, we have tried out a few different shows.  Here is my analysis:

 

  • Sesame Street:  always a winner.  Trey LOVES Elmo and Cookie Monster.
  • Barney – this is HORRIBLE.  I can’t believe kids like this.  The acting is atrocious and the whole episode is some lesson.  Urgh. 
  • Thomas the Train:  Trey and I love the toys, but the episodes aren’t that great.
  • Bob the Builder:  our absolute favorite.  It is clay animation and so very cool to watch.  Since Trey loves tractors, this keeps his interest.
  • Diego:  we’ve only watched 1 partial episode.  I don’t really like letting him watch a cartoon, but this one is so interactive it is probably ok.  The characters ask the viewers to do motions and say things along with them.
  • Wiggles:  LOVE the wiggles.  Now I understand why they are an international sensation.  Trey dances when they come on. 
  • Teletubbies:  horrible.  Awful.  So boring. I can’t believe this is on TV.