As previously mentioned, about a month ago Trey started inexplicably waking up anywhere from 5:50am to 6:15 crying, when he had been sleeping until around 7. My morning routine is to wake up when Joe does at 5:30, take a shower, check my email on my blackberry, get ready for work, so that way when Trey wakes up I can focus on getting him ready. We had no idea of the cause of his early waking.
The weekend before last he got up at 5:50am, and because I am a nice wife I went into Trey's room, calmed him down, and got him to go back to sleep by telling him I would sleep in there with him. The only place for me to lay down in his room is on a big ottoman that goes to our Pottery Barn chair and a half. I have to be really curled up to lay down on it,so its not like this was a good deal for me. Anyway, about 6:30 this horrible noise came out of his stereo that we keep on a static station. It was a very loud screech. Of course I was jolted awake, and so was Trey. What a horrible way to be woken up! Then it all became clear. This was similar to the noise the monitor makes when I have a new email coming in on my blackberry - some type of interference. And what happened about a month ago? I got a new hand-me-down blackberry from Grandma T (which I LOVE by the way)! I check my email around 5:50 or 6 each morning, and the new blackberry must cause interference with his stereo. It all makes sense.
Needless to say I leave the crackberry firmly in the off position now and check my email on the computer.