Getting out of the airport to the metro was super easy. Lesson learned I should have gone right to the bike place but instead we went to the hotel first. I thought 90 minutes to get to the hotel, check in, charge my phone, get to bike place - no problem! Yea... It was a tight squeeze. So our first few hours in DC were a little stressful, especially since I had to keep turning my phone off and on to save battery but try to get directions. Then we had a crazy lady tell us the wrong metro info so we got off a train and waited for another one when we didn't have to. We went the wrong way out of the metro to the hotel and also at the bike place. We had only had granola bars since breakfast.
Finally we arrived at the bike tour - 10 minutes late. But the nice lady caught us up to the tour so we only missed a few minutes of walking around at the first monument.
Seeing the monuments at night was amazing. The tour guide was not. I think it was her first tour and she was so nervous she kept hopping from foot to foot and forgetting the history. But no matter.... It was still interesting and after the stressful day I was just happy to follow! My phone stayed alive long enough on airplane mode to get some photos.
So back to the hotel to grab some quick good from the hotel restaurant. By now it was 10:30 and we were exhausted!