April 17, 2016

DC trip, Day 2 part 3

The next sight on our agenda was to rent paddle boats in the tidal basin. By this time it was fairly warm outside, very sunny, we hadn't eaten since breakfast (it was around 3pm), and Trey's eyes were still bothering him. We needed food and a hat for Trey. We couldn't find either. We were feeling a bit rundown, so when we saw a pretzel cart it seemed perfect. The guy handed it to Trey who grabbed it right as I asked how much, and he said $10. What?? By this time Trey already had the giant pretzel in his hand, and I should have bargained with the guy but I just handed him $10 and we walked off. Ugh - I know better than to be scammed by a street vendor!

We found the paddle boat place and stood in line for yet another 45 minutes. Luckily there was a concession stand there so Trey had a hot dog while we were standing in line.

The paddle boats were one of our favorite activities. After walking so much already that day it was fun to sit down and paddle around for an hour. And we had our selfie stick to take lots of good pictures!