April 2, 2016

Project 333 (kind of)

I've read about a thing called project 333 where you take everything out of your closet except for 33 items of clothes, shoes, and jewelry for 3 months. Then after 3 months you rotate in different items. And if you never rotate in certain clothes, then you know to get rid of them.

I've always thought that was a good idea but never tried it. I was inspired this week and went through all of my work pants. I ended up boxing up 12 pair that are a size too small, putting aside 9 pair that are too big or that I won't wear (I'll try to consign them), and left 6 pair hanging in my closet. Where there were 27 pair of pants to think about every morning, now there are only 6. It is so freeing!

Joe hates how many close the kids have so I decided to do the same for them. We agreed to 10 each of short sleeve shirts, longsleeve shirts, shorts, and pants. A mix of athletic, standard, and a few for dressing up.

I've tried to weed out their clothes many times before but always end up keeping too much. This time we were very successful! It was tough to make decisions but having a very specific goal made it easy overall! We were done in 15 minutes with both older boys.

Now… I need to tackle Eli's closet and my own.