We had a blast! I can't say the same for Trey and his opinion of winter sports. He did ok skiing. We rented the smallest skis they had:
The original plan was to have Joe ski with Trey between his legs down the bunny slope. We didn't get that far. Pops and I each held one of Trey's hands and walked around in a big circle in a flat area. He actually did well when I told him to keep his legs together. He let us walk around for about 10 minutes then he was DONE. By done, I mean he started yelling "don't like it! all done! OFF!" So really there was no mistaking that he was DONE. The next day he "skiied" for another 10 minutes. The funny thing is that when we rented the skis, Joe thought I filled out the paperwork and he thought I did, and we just walked out with the skis and boots. No one stopped us. When I went to return them I asked if I needed to fill out any paperwork, and the guy said no. So I guess we stole a 2 day rental from Crotched. And let me tell you...they really need the money. The resort isn't doing well, but the skiing is good for a small mountain and it is always empty so we like going there.
Trey was like Bode Miller at skiing compare to his sledding experience. Joe sat him on the sled and he would let us lead him around for a couple of minutes on the flat snow. Then Joe tried to go down a very small, very gentle hill with Trey. Immediately Trey burst into tears and wanted OFF SLED NOW. We tried again the next day and had the same experience. Then Joe went down a big hill by himself, and when he wiped out Trey freaked out and started screaming "Daddy fall down!" He was almost inconsolable even though I kept telling him that daddy was fine and see daddy is up walking towards us. The other parents standing around got a good laugh.
We had more fun goofing around in the lodge and back in the condo. Trey got a fantastic boat from Pops and Nana for Christmas that they brought up. He loved going really fast and singing "row row row your boat." He also liked putting pillow, sheep, monkey, and duckie in for a ride on the back seat.
When we got home, the floors looked amazing!