We've picked up the "naughty step" from Supernanny, aka the timeout spot. Trey's only gone there a few times, and he sits there until he stops throwing a fit, then he's allowed to come find us. This is what they do at school too. They give 1 warning to stop the behavior that isn't allowed, then Trey has to go sit on the pillows in the corner and "rest his body" until he calms down.
I thought Trey was getting the concept, but then the last 3 times I gave him a warning about going to the naughty step, he said "ok!" and went happily to sit on the step. This is before I even said he had to sit on the step! I had just given the warning. When I picked him up on Friday at school, Ms. Lu said the same thing. Oh well. At least it is working. Isn't it?